Monday, January 15, 2007

I've been cheating...

So, although it seems as if I haven't blogged in a while... it's not quite true. I've been journaling about a very specific topic, BOYS, on Live Journal as well as writing in a physical journal. Now, the simple thing would have been to just blog it on this one, but the whole idea was to keep it private. But, given the multiple blogs and journals I have, my writing consistency would have been better with one single writing venue. So my new goal is to consolidate. I have a feeling this may become a bit painful, but it will be worth it after it's all finished. After all, can you imagine the memories that are captured. I was reading some of the old, old posts and getting such a kick out of them, the things I thought were so important back then, and the decisions I thought I'd never have to make. It is refreshing to read how naive I was once upon a time. It also reminds me of all the hobbies I seem to have stopped and the 'likes' I have put aside. No matter what happens with my applications to MBA programs, I am determined to resuscitate the old Aarti and get back to being me.

So, I've applied to graduate school. Early April is when I will find out where I have been given admission. I keep having this irrational fear that I will be rejected from every school I have applied to. That would be very disheartening. I really want to go to Michigan, but it's a very competitive program and I just don't think my grades and GMAT score are good enough. Their good, but not as stellar as I'd like... ie perfect. ;) However, my experience is very competitive, not to mention my community involvement and interests outside of work. I'm taking the GMAT again, hopefully my score will improve the second time around to make my application more competitive. I guess everything works out the way it should in life, you just have to keep a positive attitude and make the best of each opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home