Saturday, February 18, 2006

Another Career Change

Okay, so 9 months ago I was posting about taking a new position... and now I am taking another one. Fast, eh? Well, I'm super excited. I was recruited for this position, which is always fun. It's with a bunch of people who are 'senior in experience... and age'. So a great learning opportunity to learn from them. It's a consulting role, so I'll be traveling a lot. Which is exciting, but I'm a bit nervous that I will get tired of living out of a suitcase. Of course, there is international travel, which has me very excited. I'd love to go abroad on the bank.

The job is within the Treasury side of the bank (trusts, bonds,CDs, etc.) and will focus on End to End Strategic Analysis. This translates into looking at product creation, sale, and delivery to access improvement opportunities and banking consumer trends. I'm excited. I am! At least, most of the time I am.

I'm sad to leave some of the people I work with. The divisional manager is awesome and I respect and like him so much... but that is not a smart career decision. And of course, there is Jorge... I can't believe how much I adore him (in a purely platonic way) and will definitely miss not having him around. Though, I'm sure I will enjoy my new group too... they seem fun and nice.

Gosh, this job took a lot of interviewing, 5 in total. I don't think I interviewed that much to get into the bank. And the BIG manager flat out told me that he would not have hired me if all he had was my resume. But, my reputation and others positive comments bought his acceptance... and now he is really excited to have me. I'm going to have fun 'kickin' butt.

Though, if I become one of those 'man' women at work and forget how to have fun... I'm hoping my friends will give me a reality check and tell me to 'GET a LIFE'.

Righteo... so I am going to clean my house, my normal Sat. routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home