Monday, May 16, 2005

The Hidden Eyes

I always think that I can hide my feelings, my thoughts, my desires... etc. Then someone comes along and says they see everything, just by looking in my eyes. At first I thought, "How lame". Then I started noticing that the more eye contact I make during uncomfortable/honesty demanding situations, the more direct and piercing questions I get. Or, the sheer fact of making eye contact means you acknowledge or destroy someone's intent.

Well, where is this all coming from. Another Match Making event. My mom and her friend wanted to set me up with her friend's nephew. So, this JoeShmo is living in JoeShmoVille... but is PERFECT for me in Columbus. And oh, by the way, the perfect way for us to meet is at family party where all concerned parties were aware of the 'tangent' opportunities. Meaning, they all knew that there could be a potential "Match" between us.

So how did I handle the situation? Very Maturely. I did a great duck and hide. Avoided eye contact at all times. Took my EXCELLENT (very sarcastic there) story telling skills to a new level. And then pretty much became the designated chauffeur for BoyToy and his party. Talk about being in an uncomfortable situation.

On an up side... I accepted that "intriguing" job offer. I gave up so much to do it too...But there is no looking back for me now. Actually I can't wait to get out of this crazy environment. I think they are going to keep for almost 1 month. Which is double trouble because I was demotivated 2 weeks ago when I finally got my offer.

Anyway, more updates later. For now, its bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home