Friday, February 04, 2005

The Pay Off

At long last, I have finally played the 'politics' right. This whole job has been a series of disappointments, mainly because my 'cool' boss is so disorganized he makes all of us look bad. But recently, I have been making an active effort to step out of his shadow. So lucky me got selected (over my boss) to go to Boston for a training class in Capacity/Staffing planning. I will be gone for a week... how exciting! I haven't been on a business trip since I took this job, so it will be fun to go and all that good stuff. I am so excited!

Well anyway, life is the same as always. I think I have finally, after 4 years, come out of my funk. I seem to be happier, I laugh a little louder, and I seem to be living a bit more freely. I breathe easy and don't stress out too much... at least not as much as I used to. Maybe its because I don't take work as seriously as I used to and because I stopped wishing for an escape back to the past... who knows. I think it is really hard to leave behind memories when they represent so much of what you loved and still miss. Just thinking of them sometimes makes me sad. I would do anything to have some of that time back or to have a piece of what I used to have here. But I can't... and I don't think it will ever be the same even if everything was here. That's life, it moves forward and either you can live or let it pass by... Lately I have been chosing to live!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I am a gemini and after reading your description of a gemini, I couldn't believe how much I am like that...i every way. Wow.

February 4, 2005 at 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doood. Update! ;)

~Kate

March 21, 2005 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doood. Update! ;)

March 21, 2005 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home