Tuesday, February 01, 2005

And You Say He's Just a Friend!

Okay, so I have a friend... a male friend... who I see just as a friend. But I think he may see me as more than that. So what can I do? He called last weekend and I did not pick up my phone. After all I was taking care of my sister who had her wisdom teeth taken out. So no matter what, I wasn't available to hang out. But I also want to create some distance... or more so clarity. I don't want to mislead him into thinking that I am interested. But everytime we hang out it seems like mini-dates. We always hang out alone. I have never met his friends. It all seems so odd... In anycase, he is a sweet heart, just not my type.

There is none of that excitement. I felt more for someone I had just met once during a fake poker game than I do for him. I still remember looking up and trying to bluff my way into a win... it was just me and him... and then you feel the connection. Or maybe that was the whole 'What is really going on with his card hand?' In anycase, there was more excitement there than in the multiple dinner/movies/sight seeing events. Argh... the 'I just see you as a friend' excuse is so lame.. but so true in this case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home