Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life's Path Questioned

Have you ever felt that you are walking down a road that could (or even should) be different? I sometimes feel that way about my life. As if the path I am on is not the one I should be on. Not that the path I have chosen is not rewarding and challenging, but rather that it wasn't the optimum path for me. The inherent 'procrastination' in my personality has perhaps limited me from achieving my potential 'glory'. And I say this keeping in mind that life is what you make of it. So, am I making the most of it or just taking the easy way out?

Now, most people who really know me would probably contend that I don't take the easy path. But internally, I know that I also don't live up to my potential. I am confident that I could be successful at Harvard or Wharton, but I didn't even apply. It makes me wonder... Do I sabotage myself? Do I limit my choices because of unconscious insecurities? I have to wonder. I can't help being plagued by envy for those who are achieving the recognition/positions that I aspire to have.

Does the validation of Harvard or Wharton..or even Stanford.. necessary for me to believe in myself? To believe that I am equally capable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home