Friday, October 12, 2007

So Happy

I'm so happy it's Friday. What is it about a 4 day week and time seeming to move slower? It may just me who suffers from this, but I've been thinking it's Friday for two days now. I think I just want it to be Friday that badly :). I think the whole weather cool-down (went from 90 degrees to 54 degrees overnight) and the Monday holiday... It's just combined and made me wish for a weekend to slow down and cuddle up with a good movie/book/blanket.

I also am ready to get out of the office. I can't concentrate for some reason. Perhaps the erratic sleep pattern I've had this week has contributed to the issue. Who knows. This week I went to 3 evening presentations, which meant I wasn't getting home until 10:30 ish. I went to a Kaplan center and took a practice GMAT (which I did well on), then I went to a University of Michigan Ross School of Business Presentations, and finally I taught a Marketing class. And I was so overbooked, I had to schedule more stuff after those evening sessions (such as searching for an apartment).

So, I love where I am living right now. But the commute is killing me. Not that I would stay at my friend's parents' home forever. Anyway, the main thing is I keep thinking that I won't 'figure' out what I want to do with my life driving in my car. I want to reconnect with me and my interests. Of course, the drive did help me figure out one thing... I'll never want to be a bus driver, taxi cab driver, truck driver, etc. You get the gist. I hate being in a moving vehicle (and even more so, traffic) for a few hours a day, let alone ALL day. :)

So, today is Friday... I don't have too many plans. Actually to be exact, I have ZERO plans. I've been craving going to the theater and watching a movie. But I think I will fore go on that... my self imposed budget no longer allows for such things. I do need to find an apartment. My sister just e-mailed me and told me she may be assigned to a Chicago project for a few months... in which case, she thinks I should stay with her. But, I don't know if that's a good idea. Living in a hotel room... Would I just be putting off the inevitable?

Okay, so this post isn't really that amusing or enlightening. It's just a day in my life... or in my head. Sometimes I think that's why I'm so nuts... look at how much is going on in my life and in my head. It would stress a Buddhist monk out. :) Okay, that may be an exaggeration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home